It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Zions National Park

So Matt and I got the weekend off in June to take a well needed vacation for the weekend.We had so much fun camping and hiking all over the place SmileP1060449

Matt was really excited to do the Narrows. Unfortunately, when we got there, it was still closed due to high waters. The rangers said that it would be opening within the next week. Bummer. So we just hike across the river.

P1060466

I really liked these stone benches around. I think that they are so cute!

P1060503

We hiked to Hidden Canyon. It was slightly perilous…holding onto chains on the side of a cliff…but it was cool. Here was an arch in the canyon. I wanted to go to Moab originally so I guess here was my arch. haha

P1060508

Cool rocks formed. Southern Utah is cool because they are all over the place.

P1060543

Yup, we got this from our registry and put it to good work. Unfortunately, Matt and I only have one pot. And we didn’t want to risk ruining it on our trip (and forgot to stop by DI) so we cooked all of our stuff in their own cans Smile The soup was good, the oatmeal….tasted like burnt nothing. Gross.

IMG_8964 - Copy

Hiking to Angel’s Landing up there on that peak Smile We started before the sun went up so we wouldn’t get tooooo hot.

IMG_9003

Matt wanted to be a man. And he loves the pictures. So here one is. IMG_8997

Found his nameSmile

IMG_8990

The highest point on the mountain!IMG_8984

So fun on the mountain. We hiked up that cliff behind us.

IMG_9157

We only spent 24 ish hours in Zions and then we went to Bryce Canyon.

IMG_9166IMG_9195

We had so much fun together. This was Matt’s “honeymoon.” Smile

5 comments:

  1. Jamie!!! Don't buy pots!! I have YOURS that you let me barow! Take them for camping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! i love all the pictures. that one of matt going pee is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that is very naughty, but I love all of thepictures (except that one! goodness!). I'm so glad that you had a lovely time...you're both good sports

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt, I just looked at that arch picture again -- you're a model! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah hahahah, I had looked at this before, but didn't see the naughtiness until Kim made me look again, haha! Boys will be boys! Your mom will have to get used to that! ha! Love the pictures, looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete