It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hampton Court

This little girl is so cute! :) We were fortunate that Dad could take the day off to play with us and go to Hampton Court, which is one of the palaces. They have a palace pass so they can get in for free to all the palaces. That is nice. They probably use it a lot when taking everyone! Mom and Dad are so helpful with the babies so that is nice!
Apparently she likes to stick out her tongue. I didn't realize this until I was looking back at pictures but she sticks it out a LOT!

Matt read up on the palace on the train while Grampy entertained Miss Sadie.


This week was Spring Break for the schools around here and so they were doing extra things, such as this demonstration. 

Hampton Court was originally built for a friend of the King Henry VIII...but he fell out of favor so the King took it for himself and enlarged it. 

Where did she learn to be so naughty?


Looking for the Royal Boat.



We enjoyed sitting for a minute by these people.


The architecture here in London is amazing! Way cooler than in the US. Look at these for instance. 


They also do a really nice job with the flowers. The tulips were awesome. They had sections and sections of colorful tulips. Yay for Spring!


Next we went to the maze they had and tried to find the middle. We let Sadie lead. She did really good until the end...then Matt took us there.



Matt wanted to take Sadie back in to throw her over the vine and Mom and I waited. Good picture Grampy!

These people love each other. 

This palace is so pretty! Not what you would imagine it looking like but still pretty neat. They said that some of it burned down a couple decades ago but that it was mostly restored. Another person told us that there are thousands of rooms in the palace that no one goes to. 

They had the largest vine in the world here so we went to look at that. We thought it was this place but come to find out it wasn't. 

This was right outside the largest vine. I just thought they were so pretty so I had to take a picture. 

Happy.


We were tired so while we waited for Daddy and GRampy to go through some of the palace rooms we watched the dancers perform. They grabbed people from the audience to learn the dance. Thank goodness I had children so I didn't have to go out and dance!


Here are some fun people. The one guy asked if we were from the states. I told him yes. He said something snarky to me and so I was snarky back. He told me that an area there was named after him. Carolina he said. I told him I had heard of it. He asked if it was doing well and so I told him it was doing so well they split it in to two. A north and south. Anyway, he was really funny and very in character so that was good. 

Some family pictures!


This girl was hungry and tired!!


One of the only things I remember was that Queen Caroline was though absurd because she believed in the practice of washing with soap! How funny huh?
It was a really neat experience and I am glad that we could go. And I am really glad Dad could take the day off to come and play with us! It was fun!

1 comment: