It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tower of London

Tuesday we went to the Tower of London.  Mom had a pass here too so that was neat that she didn't have to pay. My parents were SUPER nice and got us 6 day   London Passes so we could do all of this without paying. It was really neat and a cool concept. We had to do a lot every day though so we could get our monies worth! (Well, my parent's monies worth anyway :))
We took the bus over there and enjoyed looking around at beautiful London.
We rushed in to see the Crown Jewels because Mom said it would get crowded. It was really cool to see the  crowns. They even had little kid crowns from the prices and princesses. So little. They looked heavy though.
This was a really neat place full of tons of history. A lot of it was a bit gory but it was still really cool. It is one of the most famous attractions here so I was glad to go. Not to mention even I had heard of it before coming here. haha. I have to admit though, as silly as it makes me sound... that I didn't know it was a whole palace. I guess I thought it really was just a tower! But it is a huge space of palace and moat and outer walls and whatnot. 
We took a tour with a yeoman. It was really interesting all of the things that he said. He told us a lot of gory stuff though. He explained what being hung, drawn, and quartered meant though. What a nasty fate!!


Scout was hungry about halfway through so I sat on a bench while Mom, Matt and Sadie listened on. 
We ended the tour in the chapel. The tour guide asked me to stay in the back in case my baby boy needed to be taken out. haha. It was pretty interesting though.
We saw some guards out there and Sadie was a little freaked out. She would not get close to them at all.

This is where some famous people got beheaded...such as Anne Boelyn.

This was one of the Yeomen. It is a job for life and they actually live at the palace. One of them is on guard at the entrance 24-7. 


This is when Mom and I told Matt we were going to go to the bathroom.


When we came out he and Sadie had disappeared. Mom and I looked for him for a while and then I went in two different museums and looked around while Mom waited for him. About an hour and a half later we decided that we were just going to go home...The original plan was for Mom to take Sadie home and me Matt and Scout go look at the Tower Bridge. But since we couldn't find him and we didn't want to wait for forever we were just going to go.
Right then, of course, he shows up. I was not happy with him. I was tired and hungry. Mom left with Sadie and Matt wanted to go look at the museum so I told him I would wait for him in the cafe. It took him almost two hours to do that. I was tired and grouchy. Poor Matt. Someday I will go back without kids so I can enjoy more. But what I did learn and see I loved!! Definitely a recommendation for anyone travelling to London!

No comments:

Post a Comment