It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter 5k and we love Garage Sales.

Our stake “Spring Extravaganza” was a couple weeks ago. They did an Easter egg hunt for the little kids and then a 5k for anyone else. Matt and I decided that we were going to run. I didn’t expect to make it very far running but since I have been running recently I wanted to try. I managed to make it in 32.33. Not too shabby for a 29 W D 7 pregnant lady eh? Matt got a 22 something. He is fast! I was glad to see that he had a friend to run with. This was the only picture we took…P1070172

Somebody was so tired he couldn’t keep his eyes open.

P1070170P1070171

Henry was really excited about his egg.

Garage Sales…

I love them and am a firm believer in not buying anything new. (Well, most things). Why spend full price when you can find them at a garage sale? I asked Matt to accompany me to a garage sale that was a neighborhood one that said it had a lot of baby things. I figure that I want his opinion on buying things for the baby. We ended up buying this swing.

P1070174

It’s a Fischer Price swing and it works really well. We also bought this:

P1070178

There was a Winnie the Poo one as well but I liked this one a lot better. (Not to mention I didn’t notice until later that it has my favorite animals on it (ducks and turtles). We were loading things into the car and someone said, “Let me guess, you are having a boy!” WHOOPS. We didn’t realize that both items were blue. But, oh well, I am sure baby girl won’t be offended.

I was really excited to buy the baby things…but the highlight of our finds were these two giant bean bags. The large 6’ one is a “Cuddle Sac” and the Smaller one is a “KidSac.” So the second one is a luvsac brand. Pretty neat huh? We are in the process (mostly starting next week during my spring break) of determining if we can rearrange so they fit in our house nicely. If not, we will send them to a good home.

P1070175P1070177

Yay!! Smile For now as you can see, they are just sitting on the couch waiting for a good home. When we sit on them, it is like a throne. haha

3 comments:

  1. YOu guys are too funny! Looks like Matt will at least get boy toys even if he never gets a boy ;) Your thrones are nice! Love the pic of you two even if your eyes are closed...maybe Matt was tired like Henry...Good running James! What did the numbers mean? YOu're 39 weeks and 7 days along? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to mail them to ME! YAY YAY YAY! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY a post with some actual writing! This was the best post in a long time! I love your lovesacs/

    ReplyDelete