It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine’s Party

I told Matt in January that I wanted to host a Valentine’s Family Dinner and go all out. He was a good sport and agreed to it. I e-mailed out to a bunch of people to get valentines from them and surprise everyone with them. Unfortunately I didn’t prepare enough in advance so we were scrambling before the party but it turned out as good as I had hoped. Matt was wonderful and made the pizzas while I decorated and printed out valentines for people. IMG_4945IMG_4984
Half of the pizza is pepperoni and half is cheese. The other pizza had several meats and things on it. The men loved that one. He was a good sport to make it heart shaped as well even though I was frustrating him with my request/demands. I made name tags for the event and put a pile of Valentines down for them.
IMG_4995
I didn’t make valentines. Oops but we gave them these hot chocolate things and some perfumed (donated by Jenny Buck).
IMG_4997IMG_4994
We had salad and fruit at the beginning. I tried to cut the fruit into hearts with my heart cookie cutters. I tried to do the carrots as well but Daniel took over those and didn’t want to work THAT hard.
IMG_4951IMG_4949
IMG_4954
I made these mini conversation heart cheesecakes for the event as well. They were delicious. I love cheesecake.
IMG_4989
Here is the star of my show.
IMG_5111
So I saw that cutout heart shape in the cardboard and thought we should take pictures with lovers in it. Mei-Ling thought that I came up with that in advance...heeheehee.
 
And of course I couldn’t resist taking pictures of Sadie (and a few of Clark).
IMG_5009IMG_5088
I love those eyes!
IMG_5090IMG_5089
Here are the cousins!
IMG_5043
IMG_5054
And the King and Queen of Hearts! (We played hand and foot after we ate!)
IMG_5097IMG_5105
I had so much fun planning and preparing for this party. And although it wasn’t exactly how I planned it, it turned out just as well as I had wanted. Thank goodness my husband is such a good sport! Talk about a good egg! (oops, wrong holiday)

1 comment:

  1. Wow this posted 5 hours ago and I didn't even see it until now! haha Looks like a festive party with lots of good sports -- especially Jessica with the kissy faces...I love it! You are blessed to have a good and patient hubby. Such cute babies!

    ReplyDelete