It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Backpacking—Packing Out

We got up at seven to try to leave by 7:45 but I think we were closer to leaving at 8:15ish. Not sure though
Since the boys hike way faster than I do they ran ahead and Aaron and Matt jumped in Lake Rosasco.
_1130667
Kristin, Dad and I kept going knowing that they would catch up.
_1130670_1130677
I love this picture of Dad. I think the valley is so beautiful and he was just taking it all in.
_1130673
Daniel and Seth ran ahead because Daniel was excited to get back to his wifey. The rest of us hiked together for most of the way.
_1130679_1130690
Here you can see the mules going by. There was a group of seven old men hiking in…they had seven mules.
Our group of 8 only had 2 or 3 mules. Wonder what they were bringing in!?!
_1130684_1130685_1130686
I think the mule business what awesome! Such a great idea and it was such a blessing for Matt and I to not have to carry as much stuff out. Yay! I still had to carry Sadie so my weight didn’t change but it was still really nice for everyone!
_1130693_1130694_1130695
I love these pictures too. This was like 3 or so miles in. On the way in I remember thinking “We weren’t even in the wilderness yet?” with despair. But we took pictures on the way out to show we really did it!
I love Sadie’s face in the first pinecone one. She apparently didn’t like it very much.
_1130696_1130697
Almost up the last big hill! On the way in Kristin kept talking about the “putting green” and was astonished that Matt didn’t remember it. They talked so much about it that I, thinking I was so funny said, “And there’s the penguin stump.” That threw them off. We got a picture with the penguin stump…its behind me but you can’t really see it. We are at the top in Matt’s picture. Only a mile and a half down left to go! By this point everyone was ahead of us. Aaron and Kristin went ahead together, then Dad left at the last resting spot. I had to feed Sadie so Matt and I were the last to go up the hill.
_1130698_1130700
Good thing my husband is soo strong!
_1130702
We met up with Dad at the top and then hiked the rest of the way with him.
Almost there!!
_1130703
Just across the bridge!
_1130704
I had them go ahead of me so I could pridefully…or maybe ashamedly say that I was the first in  and the last out~…Well, I was the first in…Sadie was the last out Smile
_1130707
She always needs to eat! Smile
The group!
_1130706
I am so proud of myself. It was a long journey but it was definitely a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. you should've had the mules carry in sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Chrissy! You guys are all troopers! I think the Hoffmans just do this so they don't have to shave :) Glad you had fun and that you're safe.

    ReplyDelete