It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lost and Found Sale

 
Matt made the mistake (in his words) of reminding me about the Lost and Found sale BYU does. I was really excited and told him I was going up early to get in line. He laughed at me and said he wasn't going but I was determined. I drove up and then Sadie and Matt came up later. I was like 100 people back but if we had gotten there when Matt did we would have been way further! I got there at 8am.
Sadie was really tired as you can tell by the picture. Her eyes are open in the bottom one but I don't think she was real happy about being woken up that early. haha. Below is a picture of Sadie and Me in front of the crowds. Matt and Sadie got there with about 20 minutes to go. Smart to bring the stroller I though so we could just throw things in it. It proved very useful--that is for sure.
 
A family picture. Sorry about the lighting...it was even worse from the other angle.  
 We ran in and started grabbing things. I grabbed mostly sports equipment. The tables all had randoms things on it to spread everything out. There were people everyone but mostly everyone was curteous. They did not have a lot of baby stuff and I saw a cup I wanted to Sadie but I was in the jewelry line and couldn't go get it. It was gone by the time I got out of there. The jewelry line was because it was all portioned off. You had to go and look for five minutes and then your group of ten was done and got kicked out. They had super nice calculators, watches and rings galore and some other things as well (like flash drives). I didn't see anything I liked in there which was a bummer because I waited so long to get in there. Bummer! Matt kept looking around.
 
Finally, most everything good was taken off the tables and we went to look at our loot. The group next to us had just grabbed a ton of stuff and then decided later what they wanted so we "vultured" around them and waited. When they were done we grabbed some of there stuff including some Christmas presents for Matt's family and some camelbak water bottles for me.
 
There was also an auction going on with cameras and IPADs but we weren't even going to try that. not worth it.
 
We ended up putting some things back too and then Matt went and bought everything while I went and fed Sadie. We ended up getting 28 items for $39.75. And for once, I didn't buy anything for myself. I wasn't really expecting to find anything--I did look at the jewelry but nothing there...The two most expensive items was a football and a kickball. We also got two basketballs, two soccer balls and a couple other items. It was soooo great! I am so glad that we went! Hopefully we can go next time too!
 
Sadie was really hungry. I felt bad because we got caught up in the sale and didn't feed her for 30 mins later than I was supposed to. Good thing she is so good-natured. And good thing I fed her...because she was loads eyeing my chocolate milk that Matt let us buy. Look at that jealous tongue!
 
 
 
 
We also tried our first bacon donut. It is so interesting the fascination with bacon and food. Bacon ice cream is really popular too now. Strange. It was okay but nothing to brag about.
 
 
Here is Sadie posing with the football.
 
And Matt showing off our prizes!
It was so fun and I am excited to give our gifts! Because I love everything about gifts! The giving, receiving, buying, etc. Thank you Matt for a really fun activity! Poor Matt had to go to work and work all night after this!

2 comments:

  1. Jamester - you are so lucky that your hubby and your baby are such good sports :) That choc. milk pic is so cute! And I think you meant a bacon donut instead of burger? Anyway, weird! haha Cute family pic. I love seeing all of you together. Sounds like a crazy, fun morning.

    ReplyDelete