It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Caleb 6.07.2016

After waiting for Doctor Dabling to get back from vacation, I met with her and told her what the Periontologist said about the baby--which was if my A1C went up to get him out. It had gone up a bit. We decided the best course of action would be to get this baby out and she scheduled me to be induced the next day.
I came it at 6:51am and hung out for an hour until they got everything set up. I got my first dose of antibiotics at the like 7:40am. Then it was just waiting time. Kristin came over, the girls came over, my mom came over, it was a party. (Matt checked in with me). For some reason they brought Scout in a swim diaper and she peed through it at least twice. After the four hours of antibiotics it finally got real for us. By the time they broke my water it went quick. One and a half contractions later he was out!


 This is my doctor. Dr. Dabling. She is just the greatest. She actually has delivered all of my babies. She was actually not even scheduled on the Labor floor today but was in surgery. Since nothing was going on down there she came up just to deliver me. How sweet is that?
 
 

 

This was my first birth that they actually let me hold my baby right after he came out. I loved it. I hadn't gotten to the crazy-shaking-trauma thing that happens so I could enjoy holding him.  
I remember him looking soo purple! They finally took him away and got him cleaned up enough to measure him. What a whopper! Glad that they took him 13 days early or who knows how big this dude would be!
The girls were excited to meet him.

Those faces :)

Scout ended up being much more interested than Sadie.
But Sadie enjoyed doing some sweet moves on the couch.
Scout on the other hand...
 
 Lots of kisses for that baby!
They had to bring in two respiratory doctors to check on him because he was so purple and snorting a lot. But apparently nothing was wrong because they left both times saying he was fine.
 
 
 They had to switch our wrist bands 3 times. The nurse was embarrassed.
 
It took a long time for me to get released this time because of the amount of bleeding I had. As a precautionary (since I hemorrhaged with Scout) they gave me the medicines to help with that. Finally at about 6:15pm they took me downstairs.
 
He didn't get a bath until that night.
I don't think he enjoyed most of it. It was neat though because they now just bathe them right by your bed. That is awesome. I didn't get to see either girl bathed in the nursery so this was cool for me to be there.


So clean :)
Jenny and Amy Buck came to visit as well so that was super sweet!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet experience! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That very first picture truly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete