It's a Girl~

It's a Girl~

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Training Part One

Matt and I have been practicing with the baby in her backpack so that she will be prepared for the hiking trip. We also are trying to get me in shape so that I don’t die. So, we decided to take Sadie up the Y. This was her first time not in my tummy and actually being able to see. She loved it, sleeping the whole way up and most of the way down. Matt was nice and carried her up even though it will be my job to carry her on the hike so Matt can carry the rest of the stuff we need. Good thing he was carrying her too because we walked pass a group that was talking about how rude it would be if the woman was carrying the backpack. They were talking really loud about us. haha. We also saw Joan Madsen’s family at the bottom and hiked most of the way with her little brother Weslee. It was nice to talk to them. They beat us up the hill though, thanks to me being so slow.
P1130043
She really likes that pack and is such a good sleeper! We don’t have the canopy in the pictures but it is really convenient when the sun is out,
blocking most of the sun rays from hitting her. She likes it a lot better though when the canopy is not there so she can look around.
P1130006 P1130024
Sadie wasn’t quite sure what to think about the Y at first.
P1130010 P1130012
We took turns taking pictures with her. She soon warmed up to it and even decided to model a bit too.
P1130016 P1130018  P1130025
I love them all but especially that last one. So cute. Matt pointed out that I have been trying so hard to get her when she is smiling
(as soon as she sees the camera she stops smiling and just stares at it) but I need to document her super awesome pouty face as well.

Coming soon … :) Hopefully
P1130029 P1130037
This shadow picture made me laugh. A LOT. She looks like a gooey alien or something.
I carried Sadie down the last two turns and I knew I had a lot of work to do. The hike in to the camp is 12 miles…
Oh Boy.
P1130045
 P1130047 P1130050
It was a lot cooler coming down the mountain and it felt really good to not be dying of sweat. Here is us with the sunset.
While we were driving home we saw this rattlesnake in the middle of the road. Matt told me to get out and grab it (before we realized it was a rattler)…
good thing I didn’t! My close-up pictures didn’t turn out so here is the only one that did. I am glad we didn’t meet that on the trail.
P1130052
Overall, I am really glad that we did it. I have a long ways to go to be ready for the trip…in fact, I think Sadie is more prepared than me.
She does a great job of sleeping in the backpack and only cries when we are putting her in.

2 comments:

  1. what is this nonsense about a 12 mile hike. Why are you wearing a nice shirt hiking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those two pictures on the right where she's like "Dude, what are you looking at?!" I got the "text" from you today saying you were starting the 14 mile hike....oh my! Praying hard for you guys! haha and Kara (or Clark...whoever wrote that above)...you should always look your nicest :)

    ReplyDelete